Things are slowing down around here at Erin’s Mini B&B…got to think of a better name for it.
Maybe it’s the 100+ degree weather we’re entering into here in Phoenix. Maybe it’s that collection of doll heads I installed on the ceiling over the guest bed. Hard to tell.
In any case, I’m left to get creative about getting more guests. Here’s some ideas if you’re in the same situation:
- Airbnb.com provides a badge that’s easy to copy and paste onto your blog or website. It also provides easy links to share on Facebook and other social media sites.
- Spread the word to your friends, family and fans that you’ve got a room to rent- they may know someone they can recommend you to
- List your room on a variety of sites such as: Airbnb.com, Windu.com, 9flats.com, and craigslist (for free). Paying sites include: Vrbo.com, HomeAway.com, and GreatRentals.com (most start at $350/year for a membership).
- Make your listing all it can be– Airbnb has some great tips on doing so. Some of the basics: Get free professional photos of your house taken, include a thorough description, make sure you’re taking care of the guests you do have so they leave you great reviews, don’t put a collection of creepy doll heads over their bed.
- Try lowering your prices, or offering better deals on week and month-long stays.